Benefits of Using a Colocation Data Center Include:
- Eliminate the cost of building, configuring and maintaining infrastructure
- Eliminate long lead times on the procurement of equipment and updates
- Eliminate the need to deal with outages, repairs and system monitoring
- Increase your speed, agility and flexibility
- Focus your expertise and skills on growing your business
- Provide a strong user experience without latencies or compromises
- Faster scalability and deployment for growth
- More immediate options for connections to remote offices
- Lower costs for access from remote locations
Colocation Provides Reliable Uptime
- Having your connection hosted through a reliable and experienced colocation hosting provider would allow the absolute most uptime possible for your servers and connecting to the world. At a colocation hosting facility everything is naturally redundant. So if anything fails the data center server and network equipment will automatically fail over to the secondary power or network connections while still being able to repair any issues more quickly, in 99% of the cases power or internet issues will most likely go unnoticeable.
Better Network Speed and Reliability
- When a company sets up a network at a central office, they normally just get the bandwidth capacity that they need which usually tends to be bonded T1's or a T3, which is 45 Mbps without the redundancy. Colocation hosting centers are able to provide a much higher amount of uptime because their facilities allow them to host multiple direct link fiber connections capable of speeds up to 10Gbps. These connections are commonly load balanced or running BGP to allow bandwidth to route to a fail over circuit should an issue occur.
Better Power Redundancy
- Very few offices have the capability to support automatic emergency generators, and if they do, they usually only have the ability to run for approximately 2-4 hours. The backup generators used at a colocation hosting center are generators that are able to run for weeks and most colocation facilities have agreements with gas companies to notify them to automatically refill when gas gets lower than 50%; this allows for much longer uptime and a more efficient repair.
Redundant and Improved Cooling / AC Environment Conditioning
- When hosting many different types of equipment, it can be hard to keep all the equipment from overheating. Most office environments only have AC systems that run during business hours and trying to run a data center on this type of system, it would either cost a fortune, or be incapable of keeping the machines cool enough to run correctly. Colocation hosting centers provide AC systems that not only keep the many racks at the appropriate temperature, but they invest in special industrial colocation climate controlled environments to keep the rooms at the stable temperature so to avoid moisture in the air which will maximize the life of technology equipment and improve the overall performance of your equipment.
- Every colocation and internet account receives a dedicated account manager at Internet T1. The senior engineers and management team very are involved with day to day business operations and customers day in, day out. This is just one of the many reasons that helps make Internet T1's high quality customer support and reliable project management a valuable resource for the successful IT management of any business.
Significantly Lower Setup and Monthly Cost For Services
- When using a colocation hosting center for your internet services, it can cost you as little as $100/Mth for dedicated server or fast Internet bandwidth on a dedicated 100Mbps connection or only $1500 for the whole use of the 100Mbps. If a central office were to try and set up this kind of connection it would cost upwards of $10,000+ per month for a lesser unreliable service.
Network and Server Specialists
- Internet T1 provides only the best IT specialists and installations for your services. This comes as a tremendous benefit to you because they can solve problems that would potentially take hours for many other IT or support teams to fix, much faster which makes all the difference for businesses that rely on the internet for communications and sales.
On-Site Remote Hands 24/7
- Internet T1 guarantees On-Site 24/7 Remote Hand service which allows us to manage servers as though they were under your desk, even if you are halfway around the world we can allow you access through our secure IP KVM for a low monthly fee and our onsite 24/7/365 remote hands can do basic tasks like reboots and inspections for free.
High Internet Bandwidth Availability
- The High Internet bandwidth that is available through a colocation hosting facility is essential to any office and business. If you need to upgrade to a higher bandwidth, Internet T1 can do it quickly and easily in as little as minutes. It would take a central office weeks or months to change to this kind of upgrade.
Colocation Opens Up New Possibilities and Business Opportunities
- Let Internet T1 focus on all the “behind-the-scenes” stuff and IT Infrastructure so you can concentrate on your business. A central office connection that is commonly used in small businesses puts many businesses at risk to being susceptible to being disconnected and losing a great deal of business due to the amount of time it takes to repair a connection. Internet T1's data center is located in Los Angeles.
Disadvantages of using a common central office connection
- Multiple layers of Equipment Failure is commonly used
- Hardware, network and response times are much slower
- It is usually more expensive to manage & maintain
- Many of the systems are or become outdated
- You spend more money on staff and overhead
- Higher risk for power outages and/or overheating
- There is limited bandwidth available
- Slower response times to troubleshoot and repair
- Network Availability 100%
- Latency 65 milliseconds or less
- Packet Loss no more than 1%
- Network Jitter, no more than 1%
IT DATA CENTER